Dear Alumni & Family,
Thank you !!! for your participation and support due to which made a Fabulous 5th Annual General Meet - Sunday 20th February 2011 at BCPM Lawns at C R Park New Delhi. Your participation along with the variety of Musical program added with the Ethnic & Sumptuous Culinary, 3rd Election and Interactive-Sessions made the afternoon a real Dhupurer Adda indeed
1. Shri Subhajit Deb Roy in the General Secretarys speech stated that the Association has completed 5years which is a mile-stone and in last 2 years received funds for 2 Scholarship Schemes. He informed that on 19th Feb11, Principal G C College faxed an acceptance letter informing that the Accounts for operation of the Scholarship will be opened within a short period. With the opening of the Accounts the Flag Ship Scholarship Scheme (Smt Binapani Pal Memorial Scholarship Scheme) will be operational. (Scholarship - approximately Rs.2.5Lacs per year for 9 students)
2. The Association has received an amount of Rs.410,000/- (Dollar 10,000/-) from Dr. Rathin C. Das, an eminent Alumnus residing in USA for initiating the Bana Behari Das Memorial Awards for Higher Studies Schemes in the memory of Late Bana Behari Das, a long-time Senior office staff member of the College and was popular as Bana Babu. (Award approx. Rs30000/- for 2 Students per year)
3. He also urged the present Alumni to keep up with the networking through various tools of internet, which is the Associations major mode of communication and is successful in getting contact of the new members across the world.
4. Our Guest of Honour - Prof Asok Bhattacharyya of Delhi Technical University, also Alumnus of G C College nostalgically remembered the role of his illustrious father Late Dr. Brajendranath Bhattacharyya, a renowned doctor, who thought Biology at G C College and was instrumental in opening the first Biology Department of G C College. Observing GCCAAs objectives and the fast growth, he volunteered to work for the Association as a Permanent Member.
5. Prof Nirmal Kanti Bhattacharjee, President in his speech stated that the Association is still in the formative stage and crossed a mile stone with successful completion of 5years. He said that in the past 2 years the Association has been offered 2 Scholarship Scheme funds. Though our Flagship Scholarship Scheme Smt Binapani Paul Memorial Scholarship Scheme will be through G C College Administration, the second Award/Scholarship Scheme will be operated from an outside committee. Both schemes for benefit of the college students will be operated through separate structure.
Later he opined that there is not much Research work on Barak Valley. He suggested that, on having proper financial resource, The Alumni Association can provide monthly grants for a year to Research- workers - working on the Research Projects on various aspects of Education/Cultural/Socio Economic status/Tea Gardens and Food Habits of ancient Barak Valley.
6. This year 160 Alumnus and Family participated at the 5th AGM , last year it was 147.
7. The Performing Artist were Adhishree (Child Artist), Shri Shubabrata & Kajori Deshamukhya (Artist from Barak Valley), Rock Group Maitryi Yantra Manideep/Shubrojit/Suhas & Noble (Alumnus & Artist), Shri Monomohan Misra (Poems)
8. 3rd Elections were held and the List of the Elected members is enclosed.
9. The accounts of 2008/2009/2010 can be downloaded from our website. The association will make special efforts to increase funds.
10. Association looks forward to open its Chapter in various important metros
11. The Association looks forward to your full co-operation to the new elected body and Participation in all events. We will keep you updated for our progress.
Best wishes and Warm Regards.
Subhajit Deb Roy
Executive Committee Member
List of Elected members
ECM's Group Photograph
Subhajit Deb Roy
G C College Alumni Association,New Delhi